Friday, August 10, 2012

The rare Interact Home Computer

I just love discovering micros I had never heard of before and, well, the Interact Home Computer is definitely one of the more obscure ones I have ever encountered. It was, according to Wikipedia,  manufactured by Interact Co. of Ann Arbor MI and only a few thousand were sold, thus making it a highly sought-after rarity. The micro came with 8k of expandable RAM, an Intel 8080 CPU, a built-in cassette recorder and keyboard, joystick ports and some rudimentary audiovisual capabilities. You can find out more about it over at Old-Computers.com.

Now, if you have a few thousand dollars to spend on vintage tech you could actually buy this boxed Interact Home Computer that appeared on eBay. It is in great working condition and comes complete in its box with two joysticks, the manuals and a ton of tapes. Seller ships worldwide.

6 comments:

  1. Never heard of it. How interesting - seems it was taken over by a French firm and they released a few later models there.

    Sometimes, I miss the days of having hundreds of different makes & models of micro-computer that were entirely incompatible with each other... Sigh. Or in this case, le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there any way to get a wav of those tapes or scan /photos of manual

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had one in the 1980s. My first computer. Spent hours on it. Learned BASIC. Played games. Still have it somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be interested in buying it.

      Delete
    2. I have one sealed in plastic with box and shipping box for sale

      Delete
  4. I have a system I would like to sell

    ReplyDelete