Wednesday, March 16, 2011

eBay Rampage: Infocom

Ah, yes, Infocom; my all time favourite developer of brilliantly written interactive fiction. The creators of some of the most impressive and imaginative game packaging ever to appear on a shelf and the implementors of an extraordinary variety of text adventures, ranging from pure horror and sci-fi to wild humour and fantasy adventures. Here are some of the better Infocom offerings currently on eBay:



The Lurking Horror (PC). United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Germany and Japan, ends 20 Mar. 2011.

The Leather Goddesses of Phobos (PC). Worldwide, ends 20 Mar. 2011.

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (Apple II). Worldwide, ends 21 Mar. 2011.


The Lost Treasures of Infocom (Mac). Worldwide, ends 23 Mar. 2011.

The Lost Treasures of Infocm II (PC). Worldwide, Buy It Now.

3 comments:

  1. Now you just knew I was going to make some sort of comment on this didn't you Gnome?

    What? No Mind Forever Voyaging?

    I remember seeing those mask versions of Suspended on sale in the store and not getting them. I have that flat box version for C64 instead. Do you remember the version of Starcross that was in the plastic UFO case? Dang, wish I would've picked that one up back in the day too. Expensive now.

    I didn't realize the Lost Treasure of Infocom came with black and white copies of all the original booklets. That's pretty cool. I think my Masterpieces of Infocom had some very rough-looking scans of them on the CD but didn't have ANY actual hardcopies or feelies at all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, to be frank, yes; I did expect you do comment on this Infocom thing dear MadPlanet. Apparently, you're pretty easy to lure...

    Anyway. I sadly couldn't include everything available, but had to pick. Then again you are right, A Mind Forever Voyaging is one of Infocom's very best. And the plastic Starcross is a thing of rare beauty.

    Mind you, the Treasures are fine compilations indeed. I cherish and love them.

    ReplyDelete