Monday, January 19, 2009

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Mac)

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy InfocomCreated by Steve Meretzky and Douglas Adams himself, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is one of the funniest, most impressively boxed and nigh on unsolvable text adventures ever released by Infocom (or anyone else for that matter). Still, it also is an absolutely brilliant game and one you can easily grab in its complete glory via this HHGttG for Apple Macintosh eBay auction. Seller ships worldwide. Oh, and you can play the excellent BBC remake here. For free of course. No tea included.

6 comments:

  1. Heeeeh I've got this, for the CPC/PCW, complete edition! Lovely stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. Only managed them Mastetronic Amiga copies myself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, but that's a shame, because packaging is hilarious...

    Not to say that the game is not fab, of course. The "no tea" response when you were asking for your inventory is still an source of laughter for both me and my gf...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which means you both got a highly evolved sense of humour then. How very lovely. It's a tough bastard of a game though, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think she got to play it back then, but thanks for the compliment nonetheless :D As for me, when you're a kid it's easy to shape your sense of humour, and the weirder, the better I suppose!

    Very, very tough, I think I had given up in the babel fish scene, tops. Still haven't finished it, maybe it's about time...

    Btw, other game with fantastic packaging: Bureaucracy. All those forms and stuf... :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got my eyes on that Adams beauty for quite some time now, though it always seems to sell for quite a bit.

    And, yes, you're oh so right. Them formative years can be most important in shaping a taste for the smart and the absurd.

    ReplyDelete